Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back to normal ~ Recovery

This week I finally feel like I am back to "normal" with running. The first week after the 10 miler, I had numerous general aches and pains and my legs felt like they were made of lead which made running more of a chore than a joy. That week I could hardly get in 10 miles total. The following week we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a get-away trip. Between the get-away (which was delightful and made me wish we had days and days alone together-but that is another blog entry in itself) and the rainy weather I did not get to run for several days---to boot I forgot to pack my running shoes.

With a delightful 7.5 mile run this beautiful, autumn morning, I am back up to a little over 25 miles for the week --plus 2 cycling classes. I feel refreshed and invigorated again. Running and exercise is truly an addiction for me. I feel grumpy and slow when I miss my workouts. Physically,I am still struggling with a tight left hamstring which I have not been able to shake. Also, speed seems to elude me a bit, but working back in speed work in the coming weeks in order to cut my 5K times is my goal. Plus, I have been battling the same 5 pounds off and on since APRIL!

I had hoped to reach my weight goal by taking off my last 30 pounds by now. I considering switching to Core with weight watchers...I just haven't figured what to do yet. It does not help(calorie wise) that we are weaning our 2 year old. Weaning this time is tough for me, since I want to hang on to every last bit of babyhood with our last child. If money was not an issue I would love to have 1 or 2 more ~ plus having a girl would be nice. Children just grow up so fast. ~sigh~

No comments: