Sunday, November 16, 2008

Long recovery, new race


I have had a dickens of a time with recovery since the 10 miler. My hamstring continues to bug me and I just feel like I am running so sluggishly. I am planning to run in the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving day. I have not prepped for this race like I have others I have run. I can't seem to get into a regular routine of running with the cold temps, rainy weather, and since the time change. I have not been getting in miles each week like I was doing a month or so ago.

I have gone to the Y on several occasions in the last week or so to do speed drills on the treadmill and also to do work on the elliptical to give my knees a break. I still feel sluggish. This past August when I ran my last 5K before the 10 miler, I was pleased with my mile pace of just under 10 minutes. I am just hoping to get even close to that for the turkey day race. (esp. since the upcoming race seems to have a fair number of hills.) I think I just lack a little race "fire" and drive for competition---or maybe I just need some good old-fashioned Jamie Summers/Bionic Woman "music" when I am running!

No comments: