Thursday, November 20, 2008

Family, healing, Thanksgiving Day race & budgeting

I have had an odd week. My husband has been very ill and I have needed to take sick leave all week to care for him and our toddler. I am thankful I have the days to take and I am praying that he is healed SOON!

I just registered for the Giblet Jog instead of the Turkey Trot. Some gals from Weight Watchers are running in the Jog and plus I did not feel like facing the hills of the trot. At this point, I am just hoping I can make it to the race since my dh is not recovering at this point. Also, I am out of the training loop with being in the house mostly. I have tried to do some workout videos but it is just not the same as running.

Also, I regret that I am going to have to end my membership in Weight Watchers due to budget constraints. My last meeting will be the one after Thanksgiving. I could not have made it thus far in my weight loss journey without my local WW unit. Our Saturday leader is the MOST wonderful teacher and a positive influence. She inspires me to continue. I love the WW e-tools (point tracker, recipe builder, etc.) Maybe sometime next year I can rejoin.

No comments: