Thursday, May 29, 2008

Frugal homemade microwave PoPcOrN


Making your own microwave popcorn is a breeze and costs less than 10 cents.
1.) Put 2 tablespoons for popcorn kernels into a brown paper lunch sack.
Spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
2.) Fold over the top of the bag 2 times.
3.) Place the bag on its side in the microwave.
4.) Nuke on high for 1 minute plus 20-30 seconds. Stand by and listen for the popping to slow (nobody likes the smell of burnt popcorn!)
5.) Dump into a bowl and sprinkle with popcorn flavored salt. (we use Act II, butter flavored salt-it is a big jug we purchased from Sam's Club over 2 years ago and even though it is past the stated expiration date, it still tastes great.

Tah-dah!! A ONE POINT snack for pennies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this idea elsewhere, but it had olive oil - I like the idea of just cooking spray and the butter-flavored salt. I will look for it this week!

Thanks!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I like this idea too. I recently stopped using microwave popcorn and we do our's on the stove. I have yet to try the microwave method, but I guess I need to go get some lunch bags and try it. Thank you!