Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nerves

Tomorrow I will run in the Central Virginia Kidney Association Memorial Day 10K. I am nervous as this is the longest distance race I have participated in thus far. Unlike the other races I have been in, I did not run this course prior to the race. I have only run 6 miles once last weekend and this race begins with the first 1/2 to 1 mile uphill. This will also be the first race that my hubbie and kids do not attend. It is getting hard for a 2 year old and 6 year old to stay occupied while mommy is running (unseen to them) for 30-60+ minutes.

My goals for this race are:
-to finish
-to run/jog the entire route
-to finish in under 1 hour & 15 minutes (I would be tickled to finish in 1:05!)
-to keep my mile pace under 11 minutes

The weather forecast looks good with a morning temperature of 55 degrees. (My ideal running temp is 32-40 degrees.)

I am still debating as whether to use my mp3 player or not. Sometimes there is freedom in running with just your thoughts.

No comments: