Friday, May 30, 2008

Sprouting


My recent foray into gardening again reminded me of my hippie days and through that mental trail brought me back to the idea of sprouting. I dug out one of my sprouting jars and after a trip to the health food store to purchase sprout seeds, I am beginning to "sprout" again.

Many moons ago I never ventured past cultivating alfalfa sprouts, then I discovered broccoli sprouts. The latter are my favorites by far, however, they do cost more than the run-of-the-mill alfalfa sprouts. Upon my latest sprout shopping trip, I discovered a "sprout sandwich mix." I am not a sprout expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I cannot name the types of seeds in this mix. Nonetheless, my mouth waters just thinking of the coming harvest.

Until my other garden is ready for harvest, I am delightfully awaiting my sprout harvest of nutritional, crunchy, home-grown veggies.

Check out Sprout People and Wikipedia for more sprouting info.
Saunter on over to the Biblical Womanhood blog for more Frugal Friday Ideas!

1 comment:

tammi said...

I stumbled on your blog through Biblical Womanhood's Frugal Friday. Your blog name caught my eye. We're trying to pare down our lives as well ~ in many ways ~ and I'm doing the Weight Watchers thing right now too. I've struggled most of my adult life as well, had some great success on WW 5 years ago, gained most of it back, and am now doing it on my own. (not paying or going to meetings, but using all the materials I got last time)

It was good to meet you. Congratulations on your race!! I'm SO impressed!!! I walk lots, but running? Not so much!