Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dragging, training, and soreness with YIKES less than 8 weeks to go!!!!

I slept in a bit this morning ('til 5:45 instead of 5:15 AM). However, I did not feel like running, I felt like crawling back into bed. I donned my running atire and then laid on the couch for a minute trying to convince myself to run. After dragging myself off of the couch, I drove to my usual running spot. My feet and right knee are a bit achy.

Today I ran speed sprints which were not easy. Actually the speed work was not bad, it was the recovery that seemed long and hard. Overall, I was more sore today from running speed sprints during my 5 miles than when I ran the slower 8 mile long run a few days ago. Tomorrow morning's run will be short because I am meeting a friend early Saturday morning to run 8 miles of the 10-miler course. She is an avid runner of 30 years whose PBs include mile paces in the 7 minute range. It makes me nervous to run with her. Add to that, I am nervous about running the hilly Langhorne Rd. section of the 10-miler and it makes me anxious just thinking about it. Oh well, I have got to attack these hills sometime...might as well be now.

I haven't figured out how to work in training and running time in the warm weather once I go back to school. I don't think I will have time in the mornings to run long runs while still having time to get ready for work and drop my son off. I am getting 2 longer runs in each week and they usually take me 1.5-2 hours each. I either have to run really early (before 5 AM) or run in the evening after dinner or the boys bedtime. I don't know if I am up for long runs in the afternoon heat, but the thought of running after dinner doesn't seem like a good choice either.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

How was your 8 miles on the course?