Sunday, August 31, 2008

withdrawal

I have not run on the road in 4 days and I am going through withdrawal. My dh was out of town for these days and as a result I have not been able to run. I took the kids to the Y several days so I could run on the treadmill on Thursday and take a spinning class on Saturday. I missed getting to the Y on Friday b/c of work and sitter arrangements. I HATE running on the treadmill as it is long and tedious and I guess b/c of my plodding running style it is awkward and hard on my feet. I did speed work but it seemed to take forever--the treadmill is soooooo boring.

The spinning class was interesting. I have taken cycle express classes (30 minutes) before but this was a 75 minute class. I liked the workout but the next day my backside felt bruised from the horribly uncomfortable seat. It is hard to have a 3 day weekend and not be able to get in a long run. Oh I am so addicted to running, I feel sluggish when I do not run.

I also wish I had more time to get in other workouts. I want to get back into strength training/weightlifting. I used to do this when I was younger. Maybe it is time to add some equipment here at home.

No comments: